December 5, 2011
- Have you noticed a recent increase in ads that appear in Web videos?
- We’re watching more Web video than ever before; comScore reports more than 42 billion online video views in the U.S. for October alone. New figures from start-up FreeWheel indicate we’re also watching more Web video ads.
- According to FreeWheel, which serves and manages video ads for companies such as Turner, Vevo and Fox, there has been a 128 percent ad view growth from Q1 of 2010 to Q3 of this year.
- Online viewers have also increasingly finished the ads they start watching, especially when accompanied with longer Web videos.
- “Big picture, the Web video business is still very much a work in progress,” reports AllThingsD. “And there’s still a long way to go: Video ads grew 42 percent in the first half of the year, but still only make up 6 percent of the overall Web ad business. But if it keeps headed in this direction it’s going to quickly make up ground.”