January 30, 2015
The Hollywood Post Alliance has announced the final schedule for the 2015 HPA Tech Retreat, February 9-13 in Indian Wells, California. The Tech Retreat is a gathering where engineering, tech and strategic business leaders join top creative talent to explore and debate the most compelling topics facing the media and entertainment industry today. This year’s event will feature more than 45 sessions, 75 breakfast roundtables, 100 speakers and 30 new product demos. Pre-conference registration closes Monday, February 2.
For 20 years, the Tech Retreat has proven to be a bellwether event where groundbreaking ideas are born and industry-changing technologies unveiled. From drones and UHD, the cloud and cybersecurity, to maintaining creative intent while exploring the next iteration of broadcast standards — if it’s being thought about, it will be discussed, debated, and perhaps even refuted at the Tech Retreat.
“As we enter our 21st year, the Tech Retreat continues to be one of those events you can’t afford to miss,” said Leon Silverman, president of the HPA. “The mix of topics, technology and top industry minds makes this event a yearly check-in with industry gurus and deep thinkers that seem to gather at the HPA every year in the desert. Making the pilgrimage to the HPA Tech Retreat seems to provide so many of us with a check on the pulse of the entire industry.”
Highlights of the 2015 HPA Tech Retreat include:
- The HPA Supersession — A full day of sessions focused on a shifting industry. Just when we thought we had mastered the transition to the “digital age,” we’re seeing new and fundamental shifts.
- Keynote — Not Your Father’s Post
- Cyber and Content Security: Time for a Strategy Change
- Sensory Stimulation
- Next Generation of Cinema: New Technologies and Techniques: What They Mean for Filmmakers
- Understanding the New Acquisition
- From Snowflakes to Standards: Maintaining Creative Intent in Evolutionary Times
- Drones for Dummies
- The Annual Broadcasters Update
- Personalized and Immersive Sound
- DDP and IMF
- The Cloud Demystified
- Utilizing Fingerprinting Technology for Shot Matching
- Enhancing the Creative Palette
- Automatic Content Recognition
Registration for the HPA Tech Retreat is strongly recommended. The Tech Retreat is a limited attendance event and seating is approaching capacity and expected to sell out. Pre-conference registration closes Monday, February 2, after which time only onsite registrations will be accepted.
For more information on the event and sponsorship opportunities, call 213-614-0860 or email Eileen Kramer. For press registration, please contact ignite strategic communications via email or 818-980-3473.