- A number of companies are developing augmented reality glasses that display information in the wearer’s field of view.
- Google, for example, is rumored to be selling its own Google Glasses next year.
- Potential applications include turn-by-turn directions, retrieval of information, face and object recognition, automatic language translation, etc.
- One device from Recon Instruments is made for skiers and snowboarders and displays speed, text messages, caller ID and plays music.
- In entertainment, glasses can be used for augmented reality games.
- “By 2020, the world will have perfect augmented vision,” said Dave Lorenzini, who designs augmented reality apps and related businesses at consulting firm Augmented Reality Co. “It’s like creating the Internet again but inside the real world.”
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.