April 8, 2015
For music fans that want to catch acts such as AC/DC, Drake, Interpol, Jack White and Vic Mensa perform at Coachella this weekend, much of the three-day festival will be streamed on YouTube. Three channels of performances, commentary and interactive profiles will be made available as well as a schedule feature that offers updates based on a user’s time zone and channel choice, and a virtual map feature that will include photos taken during the live event. Coachella’s YouTube channel is sponsored by T-Mobile.
According to the YouTube blog, in addition to the three live stream channels, fans can access the following features:
- Create a custom Coachella avatar by uploading a photo, then decorating with Coachella graphics, before sharing it with your friends.
- Browse an interactive map of the entire festival grounds and access photos taken from your virtual location.
- Schedule your live stream experience with a timetable that automatically updates based on your local time and channel you are watching.
- Learn about the performing acts via interactive profiles.
- And more to come… we can’t give away all the surprises yet!
The festival is scheduled for April 10-12. Check out the Coachella YouTube channel for details.