- A recent Pew Internet study showed that 73 percent of search users agree that a search engine keeping track of their searches is an invasion of privacy.
- Google recognizes that it needs to gather more information about us to remain relevant and provide us with ads we care about. But people do not want to use Google+ so it has sought out data on us in ways that cause us to wonder whether they are “becoming evil.”
- “The only reason anyone uses the word evil about Google, is because Google asked us to,” comments Gizmodo. “When it said that it wasn’t evil, it immediately invited an argument.”
- Google has violated its users’ trust. It tracked Safari users without their permission. It has begun promoting its own products in its search results. It has given increased importance to ads over search results.
- “The case against Google is for the first time starting to outweigh the case for it,” ads the post.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.