- Sharp announced it will launch new Internet-ready TVs next month in Japan that can interact with its smartphones.
- The new Aquos L Series will enable Internet access via a new online platform called Aquos City.
- The platform plans to offer “news, entertainment and weather forecasts, among other content and services.”
- The TVs will also link with Sharp’s Aquos cellphones and smartphones (but not with non-Sharp handsets).
- “Users will be able to take videos with their mobile handsets and send them to the TV, for example.”
If successful, will we see this in the US? Or will adoption be contingent upon interaction with other devices?