- Twitter is reportedly teaming up with Hollywood producers to create original video series for the social platform and, according to inside sources, the new endeavor could be coming as soon as this fall.
- “Per sources, the show could live on a standalone Twitter page similar to the events page that Twitter launched in partnership with NASCAR in June, although the series’ page would more closely resemble a microsite in order to feature an expanded video player,” reports AdWeek.
- “Another possibility is that the series would be distributed within tweets — promoted, organic or pinned to a brand’s Twitter page — with users clicking to expand the tweet into a full-fledged video player.”
- The project is intended to enable real-time viewer participation. Moreover, tweets could even influence the show as it airs.
- Twitter stands to gain more advertising revenue from the series, with product integration and promotions within the feed. Its core ad units like Promoted Tweets are frequently sold out, notes AdWeek.
- Sources suggest that the move goes beyond launching a Web show to “changing the way people consume and discover media,” the article states. “Twitter wouldn’t be developing the content, but would instead serve as a distribution vehicle and advertising middleman.”
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.