March 26, 2013
NAB announced that next month’s show in Las Vegas will feature 10 up-and-coming media and entertainment companies invited to participate in the new SPROCKIT program. Selected for their innovative video, mobile, social and analytics technologies, the market-ready startups participating in the program are expected to provide a glimpse into the future of content creation, management and delivery.
“Through SPROCKIT, we’re gearing startups for glory by spotlighting them on the industry’s biggest stage,” said Harry Glazer, founder and CEO of World Series of Start-Ups, LLC and the creator, director and co-producer of SPROCKIT. “Products and services from SPROCKIT companies are not just concepts, but industry-changing innovations that are positioned to disrupt the way we operate in this industry. SPROCKIT is hosted at NAB Show to give these companies access to industry decision makers to forge partnerships that will shape the future of media and entertainment.”
During the invitation-only program, each company will have a chance to make presentations, participate in panel discussions and meet one-on-one with industry veterans and investors for advice and support. Select startups will also be a part of NAB Show sessions.
“SPROCKIT benefits both the participating companies and NAB Show attendees” explained Gordon Smith, NAB president and CEO. “Through the SPROCKIT program, we will enhance our attendees’ experience by presenting some of the most exciting up-and-coming companies in the business today, while SPROCKIT participants receive maximum exposure at the world’s largest event for media, entertainment and technology.”
According to the NAB press release, the 10 companies include:
- Cloud-based interactive video platform FlixMaster
- Mobile and social platform NewsiT
- Cloud video editing platform SnappyTV
- Business-oriented big data network Collective[i]
- Mobile marketing and analytics provider Localytics
- Real-time media spend tracker Standard Media Index
- Children’s social media service provider Everloop
- Video discovery community Shelby.tv
- Streaming television geared for college students from Tivli
- Sports media community for kids from The Whistle
The NAB Show is scheduled for April 6-11. It anticipates 90,000 attendees from 151 countries and 1,600+ exhibitors.